Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Please Welcome Ouda Baxter Maine College of Art Student Teacher

Greetings, Families!


I would like to introduce myself. My name is Ouda Baxter and I am in the Masters in Art Teaching program at Maine College of Art and I am student teaching in the Art Studio with Mrs. Higgison as my mentor teacher. I have an undergraduate degree from Bowdoin College in Visual Arts, and have lived all over the world, including Africa, South America, and Europe, with roots in Maine due to my grandparents. It is a privilege and an honor to be learning and teaching alongside Mrs. Higgison and all of the wonderful students at Yarmouth Elementary these past few weeks. I am also really loving March as “Think Different” month, including the art work out in our hallway, the Collaborative Monochromatic Mural Project.
This week, I have been teaching a “Painting to Music” lesson with the 2nd grade, and we are also working in Clay Scranimals with 3rd grade, while the 4th grade finishes MEA testing and has had short art doodle challenges.


In addition I am a practicing artist, primarily a multimedia artist focusing on Sculpture and Installation, as well as Photography, to explore both the natural world and the constructed world. I also paint in watercolor and ink, as well as with gouache and acrylics. I like to make drawing implements with found objects, and make my own inks and dyes with foraged plant materials. 
Feel free to come by and say hi- I would love to meet you! I will be here through the last week in April.
Sincerely, Ouda Baxter ( aka Ms. Ouda)
File_001.jpegFile_001.jpegFile_000.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment